Wednesday, August 26, 2009

34 weeks 3 days

After missing our original ultrasound appointment yesterday due to my pregnancy brain/fog, we made it to today's make-up ultrasound appointment. Our doctor, Dr. Van Eerden is out of town for the week so we met with one of his partners.

Baby weighs 4 pounds and 14 ounces. Mostly everything is looking great - anatomy, heart is perfect (155 bpm), he was practicing his breathing, and is measuring overall right on track (about 43rd percentile). And just like with all the prior scans, the head circumference is still measuring small. It measures a little more behind each ultrasound. It is now about 3-4 weeks behind. At our last appointment Dr. Van Eerden did mention seeing more gaps or fluid then he would normally see, and I think the doctor today saw the same thing. All I can see is them pointing things out to the interns or techs, and I just listen to what they quietly say to each other.

Like with all our appointments, we go in hoping to see massive head growth! Still hoping for miracles! Yet despite seeing the same 'ol, it was an enjoyable appointment for us because we got to see baby and he was looking cute, and he's always changing. He looked very grumpy actually - probably because we were poking at him, trying to get him to move his hands away from his face so we could get some pictures!

We can see certain features that remind us of Aidan, and we also can see that this baby looks different in his own way! It will be so interesting to see how he looks when he is born - if he looks like me, or his daddy or Aidan.

Doc said my gestational diabetes is under control, no protein found in my urine, blood pressure is good - so mom is doing well. I haven't gained but maybe a pound in the last four weeks, but I guess that's not unusual. Looking back at my pregnancy journal with Aidan I weigh the same as I did with Aidan at this very point! I'd love to eat more, but heartburn and having NO room in my belly prevents me from eating as much as I'd like! Doc is happy with my weight though - I've gained at least 35 pounds so far. I think I gained 40 total with Aidan. It is so crazy how some things are so similar with this pregnancy and some things are so different! Specifically baby movement - this baby still moves around FAR less than busy little Aidan did!

Our next appointment with Dr. Van Eerden is on Monday (I hope I remember ha!) We only have 3 appointments left - 3 weeks left essentially. We are hoping that we can for sure get a date nailed down for his birthday at our next appointment if possible!! For now we just know it will be sometime during week 38!



It's looking like he has the same nose as Aidan & Daddy!

His cheeks were looking especially chubby today!

Getting really squished in there! Always has his hands up by his face.

He had such a grump-face! haha

Look at that grumpy face!

1 comment:

marisa mcinnes said...

golly mrs what a handsome wee baby u are carrying AGAIN lol its so funny cause u really can see his grumpy face lol i know its hard but we both know what will be will be hey xxxx cant wait to meet him lol soooooo exciting ull need to email me ur address xxxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...