Tuesday, October 13, 2009

News on the Ezcema Front - Plus More

Got some good news to report on the eczema front! Thank you to everyone who commented or messaged me with support on this!

Today Ty's face looks MUCH better! Infinitely better! Just a few small patches left. I busted out my cold air humidifier, been slathering on the Aquaphor (which is what helped with Aidan's bouts), and in between the Aquaphor I put on breastmilk! About every 20 mins I have been putting something on him. Poor thing! I also have not used any soaps in his baths and only bathe him about every 3-4 days. I hope we can keep this at bay for now!

Ty's jaundice is still present, but also looking better today. We got him a Bili blanket today so for the next few days he will be strapped to that. He is not liking it because it takes me a little longer to get him when he is hungry!

Does he cry? He sure does! Especially when he can't nurse ON DEMAND, like within seconds of wanting to eat. He is very demanding when it comes to eating. He wants it NOW! He wants to eat about every 20 minutes and then sleep for a few minutes and then do it all over again! Stinker! He has me on a strict Ty schedule. I get very sad sometimes because I really want to give more time to Aidan, but I realize that breastfeeding is hard work and that I have to keep up what I am doing to establish a good schedule, and to keep my milk. I miss my Aidan time!!!!

Aidan has never really cried, and I wanted Ty to be able to cry. It is a form of communication and I am thankful for it. I will never take a cry for granted. I wish Aidan could communicate with us through crying, but at this point we have learned his other cues and have learned to read his eyes. They tell us a lot.

ANOTHER wonderful thing - Ty's smiles! I caught his 1st big smile on camera (you can see it on his caring bridge site or my Facebook). I love his smiles - they remind me of Aidan's! I think he is going to be very smiley like his big brother. Such a blessing to see smiles. I remember seeing Aidan's first smile - he was a few months older than Ty, and it was worth the wait!

So much more has been happening here in our household, but I have very limited time ;) I plan to post soon on our issues with genetic testing and the journey that we are starting - trying to find the genetic linkage between us and the boys. That will be posted soon...

We are staying healthy - thank God. But we have also been staying put in the house. In fact, Ty has never left the house. The H1N1 virus has affected many people in our city, it is ALL over! I am scared to leave the house. I would HATE to see my little babies sick, and I surely cannot afford to be sick. Please pray for health for our family! Hope everyone else is doing well - thank you to all my new readers! I appreciate your comments and SOMEDAY I promise to reciprocate ;)

Ty - 9 days old




Ty - 11 days old
Ty - 13 days old
Aidan - 14 months old


7 comments:

quackers said...

BEAUTIFUL BOYS! love to you all, BR

Aiden's Mommy said...

They're adorable!

Melissa Moss said...

Your boys are so cute! I love seeing new pictures of them. I am so glad that your little one's eczema is clearing up. I definitely agree with less bathing especially when it is acting up. My son is 10 and still has issues sometimes with eczema so we limit his showers to every other day. I am sorry that you are having feelings of guilt about spending less time with your older son. I too had my children close together and know how hard it is to divide time between 2 little ones. Especially while breast-feeding. Just do the best you can and don't worry. They both know that you love them. It will get easier!

Anonymous said...

Try some goat milk soap, it is wonderful for skin issues!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and the joy in your comments about your boys. They are so cute! Hope Tyler's feeding schedule settles down soon. I have eczema on my ankle. Maybe I should try breast milk, but my kids are 15.

Anonymous said...

Bless you both for providing such a loving, nurturing home for your boys. I enjoy the pictures and updates and think of you always.

JPTG said...

i heard of your site through the Boltes site, you're efforts to keep a chronicle of your handsome boys is appreciated even by strangers.

Maybe the excema is baby acne really? Usually 2-4+ week old babies get baby acne (not exactly excema, unless your doctor has confirmed for you)- due to immature sweat glands and also nursing up close to your body. Pretty natural. It will run its course. Both my boys had it and it went away w/i a few weeks. I just kept area clean with mild J&J body wash face cleanings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...