Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Giving Thanks & in Need of Prayers

I've been meaning to post on here, but things have been beyond hectic around the house. I've been trying to get our Christmas cards made, and do a little Xmas shopping...putting up the Christmas tree... These boys run me ragged - in a good way! I still have a HUGE list of things to do, but I wanted to stop by for a quick post, and to ask for some prayers...

AIDAN

Aidan came down with a high fever on Sunday, and on Monday I took him into the hospital to find out he has pneumonia. Fevers and stuff like this are very unusual for Aidan, even with his fragile medical condition. So, insert scary and worrisome feelings! Pneumonia is not what parents of children with brain conditions want to hear. In most cases, pneumonia is the biggest hurdle our kiddos face.

With Aidan being virtually healthy his whole life, I have not been desensitized to him being sick. Not that any parent gets "used" to their child being sick, but in my situation we have been so lucky with both our boys being so healthy so far. So when sickness does pop up, it can be very scary.

I hate to be all gloom and doom, but the reality is we worry and wonder "Will this be too much for him to overcome?" This thought only pops up for a brief moment before we remember how STRONG and resilient Aidan is (with Ty we haven't dealt with any sickness yet). If we seem panicked when he gets sick, it is because we take his medical condition very seriously, and we know that we have to take extra special care of our babies during flu and cold season.

Sometimes I wonder what it is like to have a typical baby - what it would be like to not have to worry that a cold could turn into a life or death situation. It is a lot of stress for a parent to take on. But this is all something that is just in the back of our mind.

As a parent, what fills our mind mostly, is our faith in our kids. We strongly believe in the strength of Aidan, and he never ceases to amaze me how quickly he can overcome any hurdle that is thrown his way. He is the strongest kiddo around :) I pray that his little brother is the same way!

We chose to keep Aidan out of the hospital, because he does SO much better at home rather than in hospitals! This we KNOW! So far today Aidan's fever has gone down. He has been coughing up a storm and sneezing a lot, but doesn't seem to be in any discomfort (besides the annoying coughs and such). He isn't having trouble breathing. Yesterday he was quite pale and blue and VERY out of it. Today he is smiley and eating good. Such a good sign! Please send prayers Aidan's way that he continues on the path of getting better, and please pray that Ty doesn't catch what Aidan's sneezes and coughs are shooting out!

I will try to post more 'soon' haha. So many updates on Ty and Aidan!! Many pictures, possibly videos, to come!

TYLER

This will be Ty's first Thanksgiving :) Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day! We are SO thankful for our awesome family of four - SO thankful that these two boys have been sent to us, and thankful for our AMAZING extended families and friends who are so supportive! Thank you for loving our boys! THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Sorry, I deleted the first post but here I go again....my intentions are good now if only I could spell :-)
I am sending healthy wishes your way; I hope Aidan recovers quickly. I get very frightened when William gets sick too.
I love the pictures; your boys are so handsome. You are a terrific mommy!!

Debra said...

Have you ever heard of GOOT? This is a something we keep in our fridge for little people when they are sick. I hope this helps. (Tyler is getting so big already, what a doll.)

Check this link:
http://jacquedixon.com/?p=28

Hugs,
Debra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...