Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter - Ty's 1st!

Easter has came and went. Is it already halfway through the month of April?!

Our Easter turned out pretty well considering all of our plans were cancelled due to Aidan and I recouping from pneumonia. As Easter grew closer, we started to feel better. However that weekend Jason started feeling under the weather, so we had to change our plans.

Originally we were going to head to my hometown of Springfield to let the boys spend some time with their grandparents, aunts & uncles. We were so excited that it was Ty's 1st Easter and we were going to take him to his first church service. We were sad that we weren't able to be with more family to celebrate the special meaning of Easter. Ty still has tons of family members he has yet to meet, too!

Nonetheless, Aidan's 2nd Easter and Ty's 1st Easter was still very special. We are so blessed to have them here with us to share in this day.


Aidan is now at the age where he can enjoy the candy that the Easter Bunny brought him! He was able to have Peeps - which he really chomped down on. And he loved his Easter Egg cookie!! We can't wait for Ty to try Easter candy next year - he seems to have a real sweet tooth already.





The boys' baskets from the Easter Bunny!



Jason started feeling better as Easter morning went along, so we decided to head to church here in town. We are so glad we went. We went to Peace Lutheran Church, which is a few blocks from our house. We have yet to join a church here in Sioux Falls - up until now we have maintained ties with my church, Our Savior's Lutheran, in Springfield. The Pastor down there has been with us during our wedding, Aidan's impromptu baptism shortly after his birth, and Ty's baptism. The church congregation put on a wonderful fundraiser for Aidan shortly after his birth. We had really hoped to be able to bring the boys to church to see everyone who has been so supportive of our family.

We feel very blessed to say that Peace Lutheran has also been there for us in many ways after the birth of both the boys - they have helped us with meals, with church counsel, and when we had lost our location for Aidan's birthday party in July, they were able to get us a room at the last minute. Time and again we find ourselves drawn back to services there. It was so nice to be able to bring the boys out, and we hope to attend services there more often! Now that winter is over, Ty is getting bigger, flu season is dying down...we feel that will be very possible!

Our family before church - Jason being a bit silly ha! And Ty was hungry as usual!!



After church the boys spent the day being lazy - and we followed suit! It was a gorgeous day. The sun was shining! I thought of my friends who have recently lost their children...I am so very grateful to have shared another celebration with my little ones. I wondered what Easter was like in Heaven, and if the boys' little friends up above were hunting for Easter eggs.

I have the admit, the days leading up to Easter were kind of hard for me. As Aidan approaches turning 2, I am starting to think more and more about the things he could be doing. I imagined him going on an Easter eggs hunt, running in the grass now that the snow has melted, singing songs in Sunday School, and watching the birds and squirrels outside our window. I thought about these things for days, and with Ty - he is still a baby. A baby wouldn't be doing any of those things yet. Now that Aidan is getting older, I think about things like that more. I also see my friends' 2 year olds, and all the things they are able to do. I wish Aidan could experience those things. I wish I could see him have those experiences.

Aidan does not disappoint me, nor do I think he is lacking as a person in any way. I think his spirit alone soars above all the experiences I hoped he could have. It is just that as a mother I believe he deserves to have all the joys that any 20 month old would have.

After a few days of being sort of glum, I started coming around. I started thinking of all the things Aidan will someday be able to do - when he is in Heaven. The only kicker is I won't be there to see him do all these "firsts". But the important thing is he will someday run, he will someday gather Easter eggs, he will someday play in the grass...and so will Ty. Believe me, this gives me a lot of comfort. I am, however, in NO hurry for them to leave my side. BUT, knowing they will someday be able to do it all gives me a sense of peace.

Another thing I thought of this Easter goes back to the meaning of it all...how God gave his only Son for all of us. There are times I think Why Me? Why do I have to lose not one, but both of my sons?? People tell me all the time that the boys are here for a reason - they are here to teach lessons, to remind people what true love is, to be an example of pure innocence. I get that, I do. I believe that. But why do they have to suffer, too? Why do they have to leave us? Then of course I think about Him, and how He lost his Son, too.

I feel like Jason and I were chosen to be the parents of not one, but two, very special little boys. It breaks my heart that we may lose them someday, but it also brings me happiness knowing their purpose here on Earth is so great.

Our smiley, happy Aidan!


The boys being silly!



3 comments:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

It looks like you managed to have a good Easter, even if your plans had to change. The boys are adorable, and I especially like the last photo with the little smile on Aiden's face. :)

Anonymous said...

Came across your blog in Google Reader. Your boys are beautiful!

Anita Johnson said...

I have no idea how I found your blog, but I stop by from time to time. You have an amazing attitude with all the extra concerns you have with your boys. They are beautiful, the latest smiles are so cute. I will continue to pray for you and for some answers from the testing you are seeking. God bless! Anita from Wisconsin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...