Thursday, September 23, 2010

20 Weeks

More pictures of our sweet little man!

As of this past Saturday (Ty's birthday) I am 20 weeks along.  Really - I say this every week - the time is going SO fast!  

Little man is starting to move around more and more in my belly.  Overall, he is still fairly quiet compared to Aidan in my tummy.  Ty was pretty quiet, too.  HOWEVER, this little man is now the first to wake me up in the morning!  Aidan and Ty usually wake up around 5 am for their breakfast.  Baby wakes up at 4:30 am and starts his morning pilates, yoga, sommersaults...

Baby looks like his Daddy!
        

Sucking his thumb!

Look at those high cheekbones!

What a little peanut!

Showing us his guns!!

At our last appointment, baby was measuring close to my due date.  Sometimes he is a few days ahead, sometimes a few days behind.  This is good - but of course for us we would love to see him measuring WAY ahead haha.  Just because then we would be overly reassured.  So, do we know yet if baby has the same condition?  No.  This appointment provided no definitive answer in that aspect.  Like I've said before, we have to watch a series of scans and monitor the growth over time.  This appointment did confirm that he is growing close to my due date and doing well overall.  We were able to see him vigorously sucking his thumb and caught him being obnoxiously cute as he slept!

We will continue to have a sonogram every 2 weeks.  We will monitor his growth - mainly his head size and his belly size in comparison to his head.  So prayers are still needed big time as we wait and wait...

The appointments still cause us great anxiety, but as the weeks go on we find reassurance in the fact that his measurements are still close to my due date.  At each appointment, we hold our breath as the head is measured.  Truly, it is more than just a head measurement.  At each appointment we are basically waiting to hear if our baby will live.  Will he have the chance to grow up and be a functioning adult?  Will he be able to do the things his brothers have missed out on?  The waiting is really hard, but at the same time we know the answers will be revealed when it's meant to be.

Please pray for us, and with us, as we go through the next few weeks.  We have to make it through the next couple of ultrasounds!!  Praying for great measurements and a healthy baby!!!

7 comments:

LeeAnn said...

praying...

Colleen said...

I can only imagine how stressful this is for you. Thinking of you and following along for any news on your new addition.

Catherine said...

I'm praying:)

Adrienne said...

praying for you..

thanks for sharing..

Adrienne in Ireland

Shannon said...

Praying for those measurements. I know you will treasure him no matter what, but I am praying he will be totally healthy. I cannot even imagine the stress of waiting. I have been checking your blog every day for a sonogram update! Please keep everyone posted. I admire you so much. Your boys are beautiful and precious.

MJ said...

What a beautiful boy!

I am praying for your sweet baby's health.

boltefamily said...

I remember being in this SAME position with Hope. Holding my breath through each sonogram and finding myself in tears if they started with anything but head measurements. Praying things continue to go well. Love and prayers to you from The Boltes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...