Guess who is one proud Auntie?? This girl!
Kaelor Malik
7 ~ 11 ~ 11
2:22 pm
Another sweet little boy for us to love...
I'm a lucky Auntie to many nieces and nephews on Jason's side - couldn't ask for better cousins for the boys! They are all great kids - Jason and I are so proud of them! Kaelor is our first nephew on my side. Up until now, I was the only sibling on my side to have babies. Needless to say, I was over the moon that my sister and I were both pregnant with baby boys at the same time!
Watching Kaelor's birth was amazing. This time, it wasn't me on that bed, waiting for a baby to be placed in my arms. This time I watched it through my sister's eyes. And when Kaelor was placed in her arms, I knew exactly what she was feeling. I saw her happy tears and it warmed my heart. There is nothing like the love between a mother and her baby.
Holding my nephew for the first time.
The Dads/Uncles holding the baby boys.
Kaelor & Cole ~ 5 months apart ~
Best buds since in the belly!
*Boys Only Club*
Cousins =)
Kaelor, Ty, Cole & Aidan
Kaelor & Aidan (proud older cousin!)
For the longest time, after Aidan and Ty's birth, I would think about what they 'should' be doing, or 'could' be doing - had they been born as I/we had all envisioned (neuro-typical). Sometimes I stop to think what our house would be like with 3 little boys running all over the place, with 3 little boys sitting up at the table to eat, 3 little boys playing in the bath tub together. I don't think about all that too often, because I have come to a place of loving and accepting who my boys are - as they are. I wouldn't want them any other way - I love them unconditionally, and I know they wouldn't be Aidan and Ty if they were any other way! After Kaelor was born though, I did find myself thinking about what it'd be like to watch the 4 of them play together, grow up together... I do feel a pit in my stomach sometimes, as I wish Aidan and Ty could have the experiences & opportunities that Cole and Kaelor will. But I also feel so blessed that Aidan and Ty, who weren't expected to even be with us at this point, are still here with us, to meet Kaelor. And I know in my heart that Aidan and Ty have a extra special purpose and mission on this Earth... I think they are here to touch people's lives. I see the effect they have on people, daily. I'm certain that they will impact Kaelor's life in a great way. That melts my heart.
Kaelor & Ty
(He's thinking, Another baby, Mom??)
I'm anxious to watch Cole and Kaelor grow up - buddies and cousins. The moment we all found out my sister was having a boy, we began talking about all the things Cole and Kaelor would do together =)
Cole, already trying to eat his cousin.
I often think of how Cole will be affected by his sweet big brothers, and now I know Kaelor will learn from them as well. It's my greatest hope that Aidan and Ty will help Cole and Kaelor grow up to be compassionate, kind, giving young gentlemen. I pray that Aidan and Ty are with us for a long time, and I know Cole and Kaelor will be their biggest protectors =)
Sweet cheeks.
Aidan (3), Kaelor (1 mth), Ty (22 mths) & Cole (6 mths)
Getting these boys in for a picture while they are all awake is quite the feat! *Notice the two gentlemen on the left, and the two hot 'lil messes on the right, haha!
To my sweet nephew Kaelor, welcome to the world and you are welcome at Auntie's any time! Your Mommy & Daddy are an amazing aunt and uncle to Aidan, Ty and Cole - Jason and I will be there for you just as your parents have been there for our boys. I'm excited to watch you grow, to watch you play with your cousins. You and Cole go easy on us parents, okay? Love you bebe boy!














4 comments:
Congratulations Auntie!
Beautiful post...I'm sure all the boys will exceed your wildest expectations :)
Such handsome boys! Congrats on the birth of your sweet nephew! I have a question for you... in the pictures, Ty and Aidan do not look much bigger than Cole. Is that the angle of the picture or reality? I am so thankful for mothers like you that open our hearts and our minds to children who are different than our own. One of my children is also one that does not fit the mold, unfortunately, mental illness is still taboo in our world, so opening up is still so difficult. I wish I was as strong as you are. Thank you again.
thanks y'all :) To answer your question, the pictures really don't lie - part of it is the angle (Cole is closest to the camera in some of them. Even I notice how he looks the same size, and I don't really notice it til I see them in pictures, ha! Cole is about 17 pounds, Ty is 18 pounds and Aidan is 20 pounds. Cole is a bit shorter, but they can all wear about the same size clothes. Same diaper size! Cole's big head also makes him look about the same size lol
Great things come in small packages!!!! :) Thanks for your answer. Again, congrats on your precious nephew. I have a new nephew arriving in a few weeks, and I am nearly jumping out of my skin waiting.
Post a Comment