Monday, January 29, 2018

Cole is 7!



Today my favorite blondie with crystal blue persuaders is 7. I love watching him grow into the little young man he is. This year he was promoted to big brother status - I could've never imagined how much love I'd see between him & his sister. Warms the heart! Cole's love for his brothers still runs so deep, too. He's forever their protector. He never forgets Aidan and is always very aware of what's going on with Tyler.

He's in the big leagues of 1st grade now - kindergarten seems like ions ago?! Loving his new school!! Cole was recently tested for the accelerated program and we were blown away to see his IQ results. He scored in the top 5% for his age/grade officially placing him in the Tiger Trek program at school. So thankful to see his strengths are noticed at his new school. He is being challenged and shaking the boredom he often feels! Whoo!! We're so proud of his achievements!! All in all though, he would be perfectly happy just playing outside ALL day (there have been times we've had to go looking for him AFTER dark tsk tsk), working on the farm, and cruising around in any vehicle - checking out cars!



It does not go unnoticed to me that he is now the same age Aidan was when he passed on. Seven. How times moves along & how fast, fast, fast it goes. I see this TALL (he stands just under my chin) kid who can run & play and do all these things that a 7 year old should be able to do. Cole and I talk often about gratitude for having each day - being able to walk, talk, and enjoy simple things like an ice cream cone. He's really coming into new ideals and understanding how he has the ability to do so many great things with his life - things his brothers might not or will never get a chance to do. I know he sees the world differently than most kids his age because of the loss he's endured. But with great loss there is great love. When he loves something, he's fixated! 

On his last night of being six he informed me he's too old for books/being read to at night. 'Plus, I should be staying up later!' (It was 9pm). He's basically already asking when he can move out. Sigh.. the woes of a mom watching a kid grow up too fast. But must be doing something right because he's growing! And he seems to think he's adjusted to life enough to move out at 7!  ðŸ˜‚

Happy birthday to the funniest kid I know! Love you SO much!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...