A flashback...
When I was pregnant a certain song tugged at my heartstrings. It really had nothing to do with having a baby, but certain parts of it made me think of the little baby inside my belly. The song is called "Kelsey", but almost everything about it screamed "Aidan". Some excerpts:
So take one word you said
You put it in your bed
You rest your tiny head on your pillow
You wonder where you're going next
You got your head pushed to my chest
And now you're hoping that someone lets you in
Well I sure'll let you in
*I imagined my son's little head resting on my chest...I thought about him wondering about things and knowing that I was there to give him answers to all his questions.
Don't let anyone scare you
You know that I'll protect you
Always now, through the thick and thin,
Until the end
I'm always here for you,
And I'll be here for you
I know how it feels, believe me,
I've been there
*I thought about my great love for my unborn child, and how even though I hadn't met him yet I just knew that I'd always be there for him. I imagined him as a grown man, questioning life, and I would be there letting him know that I had "been there", too.
Now it's gonna get harder
And it's gonna burn brighter
And it's gonna feel tougher, each and every day,
So let me say that I love you,
You're all I've ever wanted,
All I've ever dreamed of to come
And yes you did come
You know I'm so, I'm so in love you
*I thought about all the hard things that my unborn son would have to face in life - things such as heartbreak. I thought about how true it was that he was ALL I had ever wanted, and all I had ever dreamed about. And my dream had come true. And with him kicking away in my belly, I thought of how in love I was with him...
There was never love before Aidan - I did not know of true love until Aidan. There will never be another love like the one I have for him.
This song was before Aidan was born - and little did I know how true the words would ring. It IS going to get harder, and it IS going to feel tougher - each and every day.
But I'll protect you, through the thick and thin.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment