Wednesday, August 11, 2010

14 Weeks & Counting!

Sometimes my mind reels at the idea of how unique our family is - and how much it has changed in 3 short years. Our family has a very special story and it is always changing, keeping us on our toes. We are definitely not the typical family with 2.5 kids and a dog named Spot!

I have to thank everyone for all the support and messages!! We have had tons of people reach out to us and knowing we have you by our side to pray for this new baby -- it helps so much!! THANK YOU!

Many have asked how the little peanut is doing -- we have had two ultrasounds at this point. The baby is doing good, and at our last appointment baby was measuring ahead of the due date. Growing good! We have passed our first trimester screening (which screens for Downs and various neural tube defects). The boys also passed that testing. We try not to be too scared or worry too much, and continue to have faith in this baby's purpose for coming into our family.

I have been in contact with all the geneticists that we work with, and of course there is no testing that can be done on this little one (there was one test that they were going to look deeper into, and we have one more week until we hear results). We won't know if this baby will be affected with the same condition until I am mid 20 weeks along. And that is not something we try to think about or worry about. If I let my mind drift to that time period that is approaching, and if I let myself think about when we found out Ty had the same condition as Aidan, then I would probably fall apart. So more then ever, we just don't go there. We think of how well this baby is doing at this point - that is what we focus on. We hold on to all the positive feelings we have, and positive thoughts!

Soon I will be feeling the baby move, and I am already anticipating that feeling. I know and remember it well. But this time, it seems like a foreign idea to me. I know within a week or two I will feel movements. Will it feel real then? There's still a tiny part of me this feels like I am in a dream! I mean, the "shop" was closed! And now a customer has come in and is not just browsing, but ready to buy!! haha (Baby is here and has set up shop!) I'm a super-planner by nature. I like my lists. I'm perfectly okay with things not changing too much. I like things planned. So this baby sure has my head spinning ;)

We are doing our best as a family to make the changes we need to in order to get ready for our newest baby. Having three kids under the age of two was something we never saw happening -- we are frantically trying to find a way to get a bigger place to live, an upgrade from a car to a van...and other stuff to make room for baby. We feel like time is going by so fast and we aren't really accomplishing anything. Kind of like treading water! It is exhausting and all we want is to move forward and make progress!!

But back to baby -- On Monday, a few short days from now, we will find out PINK or BLUE. A lot of people are rooting for girl, because we already have a house full of boys :) What's my gut instinct on what I'm having? I am 50/50. I have no idea! I want to say girl, but maybe I am just saying that because I am afraid it may be a boy...because both our boys were affected. At my next appointment I will be 15 weeks along. The doctors are telling us a few weeks earlier than they normally would. I think they would be more 'relieved' if baby was a girl...and maybe we would more relieved as well. But really we know it does not matter - boy or girl. We both are wishing for health - whether pink or blue.

I do know that I am carrying higher than I did with the boys. I also feel different than I did with the boys. Whatever that means... I don't really believe in all the old wives tales. They are fun to throw around and try to guess though. I just know this whole experience is different, I feel different...it's all so different. And new in a way (strange saying that beings this is our 3rd baby!)

We haven't decided if we will keep the baby's gender a secret. Part of me wonders if the baby will even cooperate and show us what it's working with ha! At our last ultrasound baby was being VERY fiesty and would not give us the measurements we were looking for without putting up a fight!

Stay tuned next week -- although Jason and I might not tell what the baby's gender is, Aidan and Ty might let the secret slip ;)


Also - there will be a Car Wash Fundraiser for the boys this Friday (August 13th) in Springfield, SD. All donations will go towards medical expenses & equipment costs for the boys!! Pray for no rain!! Feel free to stop by for a good 'ol car scrub down, and the boys will be there to say HI to everyone :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you!

Sorry I can't make it to the car wash...Indiana is a little far to drive. ;)

LeeAnn said...

Excited & praying!

alane said...

So excited that you are expecting your third little blessing!!! Praying that all goes well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...