Tuesday, November 02, 2010

26 Weeks

Baby has made it through another milestone.  At 26 weeks and 2 days, our little peanut's head measured at 26 weeks and 4 days.  That is 2 days ahead people!  This is a total first for us - and we are thrilled to see baby's head still growing, and even surpassing his previous week's "records".

I can't begin to tell you how surreal it is for us to see a baby with a big head (and by big, I mean average) and to have the ultrasound tech zoom through the scan without those "quiet moments" or "worried looks".  

I'm starting to relax a bit more, and I'm falling into the idea of a neuro-typical baby.  Still cautiously falling, but falling faster as the weeks go on!

I've been saying for a long time that at 26 weeks I will feel so much better... at 26 weeks the boys were for sure off the growth charts (head-wise)... their heads had stopped growing completely.

We will still be monitoring the baby closely.  We will still have scans every 2 weeks.  The head measurements are surely not a diagnosis one way or the other, BUT they are a huge part of the puzzle which could lead us to a diagnosis or lack thereof!!  Still banking on the latter of course!

In two weeks I will go in for a scan, and also for a fetal MRI. We did the fetal MRI with Ty and that confirmed his lissencephaly.  Microcephaly can be confirmed just by small head measurements.  But the lissencephaly has to be confirmed through a MRI.  Even though the baby's measurements are looking great, we still want to do the MRI to make sure.  It will really ease our minds and we can then move forward truly knowing one way or the other.  So please, please pray for us as we have one more huge hurdle to pass!  I feel in my heart that everything is alright...but it will be a big relief to have it confirmed.  

I'm still so thankful for all the kind messages I continue to receive, and I am so happy to hear that our blog is helpful & inspiring to others.  There is so much more to tell about our family, so more much to write about...what I think about, what our family is experiencing, so many gaps that I would love to fill... but so little time :)  I do plan on writing a book someday, and I know this blog will help me remember many important moments.  And with my memory (or lack thereof), I surely need these posts to guide me!  I wish I had more time to write!  I'm trying so hard to catch up on every little thing in my life right now, because I know once the baby comes my life will be a triple whirlwind!

Have I mentioned that I have been nesting since the day I found out we were pregnant again?!  My OCD knob has been cranked up to FULL MAX!  Even if I want to sleep, I can't. My mind is going a million miles a minute, thinking of all that I have to do (or want to do) before we become a family of 5.  So if you could please squeeze in one more prayer for me - for my mind (and body) to slow down!

But back to our littlest monkey -- I have a few pictures to share, however he was moving like crazy at this appointment and we didn't get good still photos.  He was kicking the tech's monitor so hard - and my insides were surely bruised :)  I also didn't get a CD disk of the pictures this time, so they are not only blurry from him moving but also not as high quality because I had to scan them.

Baby is 1 pound 15 ounces!

26 Weeks 2 Days

Look at that little chiny chin chin!

He has Ty's cheeks!

Stay tuned for Halloween pictures of all three of our little boys!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happy news!! Sorry, I'm going waay beyond "cautiously happy". Can't help it.

Amy Dalon said...

Awesome news!! We will keep praying for your family and your newest little one!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Yay! That is fantastic news about baby's head measurements! I pray that the MRI gives you more great news. Here's hoping for more cautiously optimistic posts. :)

Jean Snyders said...

I am Sara Hansen's Mom and your family's story is so inspiring. You certainly should write a book. You are telling your family's story with such dignity! ALL your boys are very lucky to have you!

Adrienne said...

So happy to hear this good news... will keep praying for you all..
Adrienne

Ellen said...

What cute pics of the little one! I will be praying for you!

Jasmine said...

This is so encouraging! I am hoping things continue looking great with the baby! This makes me so happy for your family :)

Colleen said...

This is such great news!!!

Freda said...

Great news!! I love following your blog and seeing that beautiful family of yours. Those boys are the cutest! Hope things keep going in the right direction and before you know it your newest little man will be here to join his big brothers.My thoughts and prayers are with you.

LeeAnn said...

excited and praying for you, the new baby and your family!! :)

MJ said...

Thanks for sharing the good news. He looks just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What encouraging news... I'm thrilled to hear that the newest addition is doing so well!

I thought I saw some resemblance to Ty in the last shots... he's going to be a handsome little man just like his brothers for sure! :)

Shannon said...

What absolutely AMAZING news! Grow little head, grow!!!! Praying for a great MRI in a couple of weeks!

Mark and Joella said...

I'm so happy to hear he is doing good and measuring like he should! He looks like a little cutie! I can't wait to see pics of the boys from Halloween.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...