Monday, April 13, 2009

Aidan's 1st Easter

Aidan's very first Easter was great! The weekend flew by fast, and for the most part he was feeling pretty good.

Not wanting to make the same mistake I did at Christmastime, I made sure to remember my camera. However, I did not remember to bring the extra battery! I could have kicked myself - because after a few shots the camera died. I was only able to get one picture of him in his Easter church outfit! But, we did get a few cute shots of him while he was at Grandpa Karl and Grandma Mary's. The only picture we got with our camera at Grandma Debi and Grandpa Ken's was Aidan in his outfit right before church.

So - lesson learned. From now on I will remember the camera and extra batteries! I've posted a few of the pictures we were able to snap over the weekend.

On Saturday we spent the day at Grandma and Grandpa Diede's. Most of the day was spent playing the Wii - and Aidan got quality time in with his aunts and uncles. It was good seeing Karlin, and she was doing good since her car accident. We weren't able to see her while she was in the hospital, so it was nice being able to see her shortly after she was out! Aidan was especially smiley all day, and of course would not nap. He didn't want to miss out on a thing! I was super sick (with whatever Aidan had earlier in the week). I was bummed because I couldn't taste any of the good food, and had little appetite because of that.

Sunday I started feeling a tiny bit better. We went to Grandma Debi and Grandpa Ken's for the day. Aidan was up most of the night and Grandma Debi took care of him so I could get some sleep. We were up early for Easter church service. Aidan slept through church and all the way until about 2 that afternoon! We had a a big dinner and then followed up with some card games. Then we headed home around suppertime.



Aidan and Auntie Diandra.

Aidan and Auntie Karlin.

Aidan and Uncle Jesse.

Aidan and Grandpa Diede.

Aidan and Auntie Marissa.

Aidan and Uncle Dylan.

Aidan before church on Sunday morning! He was a very good boy during church, he slept peacefully during the whole service.

Aidan was quite smiley for most of the Easter weekend - probably because he knew he was being spoiled! He got tons of bunnies, duckies, candy, etc... Thank you Easter Bunny!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...