Monday, July 20, 2009

Aidan's 1st Birthday!!!


It is hard to believe our little baby boy is now a year old! This year has flown by, and Aidan has shown us and taught us so much. It seems like just yesterday we were heading to the hospital to be induced. July 18th, 2008 was one of the best days of my life! I remember every single detail of that day. I am amazed at how much Aidan has changed and yet he is still the same little guy that was born one year ago. I am so proud of him and how much he has achieved in this past year. He has surpassed what the doctors had said he would be capable of - and at this point I have little worries about him. I have a lot of faith in his strength! I am just sitting back and letting him lead the way and achieve new things at his pace.

His birthday party was a success! So many loved ones and friends were there to share the day with us, and for that we are thankful. It was great to have so many supporters there with us on his special day. I think I counted over 50 people there! I tried my hardest to make sure everyone got a chance to snuggle with Aidan, especially the people who hadn't met him yet, or those who had come from so far away. It was quite a whirlwind I have to admit. We were beyond exhausted by the days end.

Aidan was awake for about the first hour, and then he started getting kind of cranky. He then slept for the rest of his party...didn't get to eat any of his cake in front of everyone :( But we did get to sing him Happy Birthday! Daddy blew out his candle and made a wish for him!

Aidan was spoiled with tons of great gifts! He got a lot of awesome books - he loves to be read to, and talked to. He also got TONS of clothes. He should be pretty set for the winter! I'm not sure how I will fit all of his clothes, plus his brother's clothes into their closet :) THANK YOU to everyone for the awesome gifts, and to those who gave money, which will go into Aidan's piggy bank and used for whatever needs come our way!

Also - a big thanks to all of you who helped set up for the party and to those who helped us clean up!



Aidan's cake!





Aidan making silly faces!

Crashed out from all the excitement!

Singing HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

We were able to give him cake later that night before bed. He seemed pretty excited about the frosting! He didn't seem to notice the ice cream we gave him. When we switched back to the frosting he was all smiles again. Needless to say he was up most of his birthday night :)

The next day we sat him down with his very own cake and let him have more than a few bites! He got really smiley after we started giving him the blue and yellow frosting! He was smiling up a storm :)





We are still recouping from the whole weekend. In two more weeks he will get another birthday bash in Minnesota with Jason's family! He will be doubly spoiled :)

We are so thankful to have been able to celebrate such a special day. Even though it was Aidan's birthday, I'd have to say to us he is the greatest gift ever!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...