Today we had our last ultrasound (scheduled ultrasound that is). We were hoping to get some really great pictures but no luck. We didn't have our usual technician(s) and the baby was SO far down that it was impossible to get his full face. However, we could still see those fat cheeks!
He is measuring at 5 pounds 13 ounces - that is almost what Aidan was when he was born. Aidan was 6 pounds 3 ounces. We have 10 days until baby's birthday! Maybe he will be close to Aidan's birthweight?
Baby passed his biophysical test, everything looked good. He was practice breathing and all organs were working great.
Of course the head is still small. I didn't get the full charts/graphs like I usually do, but the doctor said the head is measuring 5 weeks behind now. Last time it was about 4 weeks behind. On the graph we did get, the head circumference is now officially not touching any lines or parts of the graph :(
Anywho, we are kind of sad because this could be our last ultrasound ever, should we decide to not have anymore children or won't be able to... We were sad we didn't get any pictures, and the technician didn't even switch it over to 3-D for us just to look!?
Our next and last appointment is on Monday. We had to see a different doctor today because our doctor is still on vacation, but next Monday he will be back! In the meantime, we are staying busy getting things done around the house. I still haven't packed my hospital bag or washed any baby clothes, but I'll get to it... I'm still soaking in all my alone time with Aidan!
Tuesday, September 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like things are progressing nicely -- aside from the head measurement. And girl, you already know how to deal with that, so NO WORRIES there. But the REST of things look GREAT! And he's getting BIG! I cannot wait to hear all about your new little man!!!
I can sense your frustration with things -- regarding the ultrasound, fear/concern this could be your last one ever, worry about the future with regards to more kids/more microcephaly. I know, girl... I KNOW.
But all you can do right NOW is to focus on the prize -- which are your two precious sons! And I know the joy they bring you guys, and you are SO deserving of the most perfect birth experience! I KNOW it'll be wonderful NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!
The future will unfold exactly as it's supposed to. We sure can't know WHY or any of that now, but I do think we're meant to know these little ones, and we're meant to experience this life TWICE (two tiny-headed kiddos in one family, I mean). My heart is breaking alongside yours regarding the head being now 5 weeks behind... we were SO THERE with Lola. And she was a similar size to baby #2 at that same age. She was born at 36.5 weeks -- 5 lb. 10 oz. Granted, she's only 8-ish lb. now at age 3 (HOLY CRAP!!!!! Grrrrr!) -- but THAT IS JUST LOLA!
And this is just your little guy(s), too.
You are SO blessed -- WE are so blessed. I am proud to know you guys & cannot wait to hear ALL about your little boy!!!
Much love from KS... feelin' this RIGHT THERE WITH YOU, girl. Just like it was yesterday for us, too.
xoxo Gwen
Post a Comment