Monday, September 14, 2009

37 weeks 1 day

We had our very last pre-natal appointment this afternoon! We are truly in the final countdown now.

We are officially set to be induced on Friday September 18th at 7 am. The doctor checked my cervix and stuff and I'm not really dilated at all, but I wasn't when I went in with Aidan either. And I still had a fast, easy labor. The doctor thinks this baby will come faster.

With Aidan the doctor didn't break my water until 3 pm, and Aidan was born 5 hours later. It sounds like he plans on breaking my water right away that morning after I establish a good contraction pattern. That means baby might come a lot faster than Aidan did!

I have been having a lot of contractions tonight, and they are making me very uncomfortable. I am hoping baby stays put until Friday. I need these next few days to catch up on sleep and to do a few last minute things. I still don't have my hospital bag packed or the bassinet bedding washed... The list goes on and on!

Also, at our last ultrasound the baby was facing up - Sunny Side Up as they say. I pray he doesn't come out Sunny Side Up - if so that means I'm in for a harder delivery!

It still doesn't seem real that the baby will be here in 4 short days! We are still nervous because we don't know what to expect. We are totally "winging" this one.

I am sure I will be writing more on here as it gets nearer to baby's birthday! So stay posted!! I'll be very busy the next few days getting ready, plus sleeping, but I plan on writing as much as I can to chronicle these last few days as a family of three!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...