Back when I posted about our genetics appointment, I mentioned that we learned SO much that I wasn't able to post it all in one blog. I had planned on posting the remainder of our info at a later date, on a later blog.
The doctor went over our options on having another baby with us. A lot of the options were pretty obvious, while other options were new to us.
I've decided not to go into all the details and explain all the options that were presented to us, because I don't want people getting the wrong idea.
I don't want anyone to think that expanding our family is something we are thinking of doing at this time. That isn't even on the radar for us. And beings it is not something we will be doing, I don't see a need to list all the options that were given to us by our doctor. The boys are our #1 priority!
Since it could be YEARS before we even THINK about another baby, that would mean our thoughts, feelings, values, ideas on baby-making may change. We may change as individuals, we may change as a couple, we may change as a family - and surely technology will (it should!) change by then! So it is mute to go over all that now.
If we should happen to learn something new about the boys' genes as time goes on, then I will update everyone! We STILL haven't heard back on the ONE test that we did get to do - the microarray test. It was supposed to take only 1-2 weeks, and it has been a month now...
And STILL they have found no one to even take the boys' DNA and study it... :(
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If you do find there are options with having another child, and you both feel pulled that that is the right thing for your family, I hope you won't allow outside negative opinions to sway that. You both deserve utmost happiness, and it is clear that you are so devoted to your beautiful boys. I guess I say this as someone who was given a hard time by a couple of people, when we told them we were looking at having another child, due to the fact that we knew I would have a high risk pregnancy with my 3rd. But we felt having another one was important to us. It was a long, beautiful pregnancy, and I'm so glad we did it. I wish you guys all the happiness in the world, whatever that may be!
You have a blog award waiting for you to claim on my blog :)
Thank you Trennia for the recognition :) on your site!!!
And Brookeanne - thank you for your words. It is hard dealing with people and their opinions. I just wanted everyone to know that the boys are our 1st priority! Some people assume we are actively trying to have a baby now just because we want genetic answers?!
You could always adopt :) Lots of babies looking for caring mommies and daddies like you and Jason!
Post a Comment