A few tidbits on this gorgeous Sunday...!
First off, I read this quote from Hoda Kotb's new book Secrets to Surviving and it re-enforced why I choose to blog about our family's story..."Don't hog your journey. It's not just for you. You can take your business and shove it deep in your pockets and take it to your grave. Or you can help someone. It's your choice."
I am really glad that I decided to keep our blog public, and I am loving all the supportive comments & messages! It's so nice to hear a little about my readers. Everyone has their story, and everyone has their reasons for finding our story worth reading. I find it so intriguing how people relate to one another, and how people find similarities amongst one another rather than differences.
As the boys' fundraiser is approaching it's closing date, I want to take a second to thank Jennifer, my new Scentsy gal, who approached us with wanting to start the Scenty Fundraiser for the boys. We are so thankful for you, and for thinking of the boys - and what a fun way to raise funds for them! I get so excited about Scentsy products, and I get so excited about the therapies that we will be starting for the boys in which this fundraiser will help with. Soon Aidan's therapies through the Birth to 3 program will end, and we are looking into new ways to keep the boys active and having fun! Since our State is low on the totem pole when it comes to funding or helping special needs children, it is up to us as parents to keep therapies going and to find ways to acquire their adaptive equipment. (Our State's lack of funding is a whole 'nother topic for a blog, one which gets me fired up - but I try to focus on being thankful for what they do receive rather on what our State lacks in compared to other States).
I've had a few people asking me questions about Scentsy, asking about the products, and wanting to make sure their orders did indeed to go the boys. I am technically not running this fundraiser, so Jennifer (who is listed on the Scentsy Homepage can better answer your questions should you have any :) I try to answer what I can, but I am certainly not the one behind the scenes with all the knowledge ha! However, I am positive that your orders are going straight to the boys as long as you have followed this link which has their party ID number on the end:
So thank you Jen for this idea for helping our boys!! And thank you to everyone who has ordered and helped our little sweetie pies =) The fundraiser officially closes on October 20th - so there are still 2 days to order!
On another note - I've had a few people ask me in comments or messages whether the hubs and I ever get a chance to spend some time alone... The answer, thankfully, is Yes! We are able to do supper & a movie here and there, and we take any opportunity to go for a short walk together. But of course, we miss the boys tons while we are gone, no matter if we are gone for 20 minutes or 2 hours. I'm sure we are the typical parents who have to tell ourselves "Let's not talk about the babies during this dinner" when we are out alone..haha...We are so fortunate to have a great team of people surrounding us who are able to help us with the boys. We both don't have a lot of family close by (Jason's family is about 4 hours away, and most of mine is 2 hours away) but that doesn't stop them from driving to us to help us out! We do have my brother and one, almost two, of my sisters very close to help! Our families love to see the boys so we don't have to ask twice when Jason and I do need to go somewhere. I know there are some families out there who don't have the family support that we do, and we are forever grateful for having such a strong support system around us. Our families have always been there for us in a big way since Aidan's birth.
With some of Jason's family in town this weekend, we will be spending the rest of our Sunday with them (and then my mom will be coming later tonight, too!). The boys and their cousins made it out to the Apple Orchard/Pumpkin Patch yesterday and they also went through the Heartland Corn Maze!!! Pictures to come =)
Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday! I hope your weather, where ever you are, is as beautiful as ours!! God Bless!!
4 comments:
I wanted to thank you too for staying public. I have been bouncing from state to state helping with the birth and after care of two new grandchildren born 2 weeks apart. I didn't have much computer time and wouldn't have made the under 100 mark, I would have been sooooo devastated to have been cut. I do respite care and love the children I help take care of. I wish I was close enough to give you a helping hand. Your boys are adorable and your story is an inspiration. Thank again and God Bless.
I thought I would de-lurk for a moment to say I enjoy reading your blog. I have some special needs kids too and it is nice to read of other families who view this with a positive perspective. I was figuring I would never make the private list so I never even bothered to ask, but was sad about not being able to follow you anymore. I was surprised when I came by again today to see that I could still enjoy reading about your life. Thanks for a positive attitude, that's not such a common thing in the special needs world and may be why you do face some criticism. But we can never please everyone, so I encourage you to carry on with your lives in the way that your heart deems right and those that appreciate your writings will continue to be encouraged.
Your positive (as always ) post has helped me tonight! Love and hugs to you and the boys,
Barbara
Thanks for keeping you blog public. I was also devastated when I found out you were going to make your blog private and that I did not make it in the cut. I was on my way to doc when I got your fb message that said you were going to put it back public. Im so happy you did. I also got news that we are going to have a baby and you have inspired me to blog about my pregnancy ups and downs.
Thanks,
Post a Comment