First off, I want to backtrack to Thanksgiving. Hope everyone had a great holiday! We never quite made it to any get-togethers as I came down with a horrible case of the flu on Black Friday. I ended up in the hospital for a couple days - no fun! But there was no where else I should have been. I needed to stay hydrated so that I didn't go into pre-term labor. I was in a lot of pain, having irritable contractions, and baby was NOT happy! Luckily after a little pain meds, some IV fluids, some meds to stop contractions and time/rest I was able to head back home - where the flu plagued me for a couple more days.
Jason did great holding up the household & caring for the boys while I was away. My mom and dad were able to come up to give Jason a hand, too. It was my first time ever away from my babies for that long, or overnight! Very hard on me as a Mama, but I knew I had to keep their little brother safe (aka keep him in my belly!).
We had an appointment yesterday and we were so thankful to see that baby is still doing great after my bout with the flu!
Baby is now 3 pounds 13 ounces. It blows my mind that he is almost 4 pounds and I still have about 8 weeks to go?! They say a baby gains about 1/2 pound a week from here on out... Maybe we will have a 7 pounder? 8 pounder? I was over 11 pounds when I was born (we won't go there?!)... Aidan and Ty were perfect 6 pounders - I wonder what's in store for me this time around!
Overall I am measuring about 4 days ahead of my due date, pushing my due date to February 1st. I have been measuring very consistent all along I think. Baby's measurements were average or a little above average!
My sister, Diandra, was able to come along with us for this scan. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the baby for very long at all, and only got 2 pictures?! We have been totally spoiled with every other appointment - having technicians who give us tons of pictures, who take their time with each scan and tell us exactly what we are looking at. It would have been nice for the baby's auntie to get to see him on the big screen a little more. But - it won't be long now until everyone can see him & hold him! Plus, we are blessed to get a sneak peek at him whenever we can, even if it is only for a few minutes :) And, no matter what, the important thing is everything with baby was looking good! That is all that really matters!
Hand resting on his forehead.
30 weeks 6 days.
Hand by (or in) his mouth.
The doctor also ordered that my cervix length be checked by ultrasound. I've never had this done before. I've been feeling TONS of painful pressure from the baby being so low (no where for him to go with my little body frame), so the doctor wanted to make sure the pressure wasn't causing my cervix to shorten - which would be a precursor for preterm labor. I was told I have a "super cervix". Doesn't look like baby is going to come out any time soon! That was a relief to hear! I had been worrying that all the pressure & contractions that I have everyday was leading up to something... Obviously this pregnancy is a little harder on me (physically) than the previous two, especially now that I am in the last trimester. However, it's good to know that even though I feel aches and pains all over, the baby and his home appear to be holding up =)
After every scan, the doctor gives us copies of the baby's growth charts/scan reports. This time we were also given the written MRI report for the baby. The day of the MRI we had only heard the dictation of the report through a voicemail. It was great to see it in writing, too!
Our genetic team in St. Paul has been keeping up with the researchers at the Walsh Lab in Boston. They notified the researchers of the baby's recent MRI report. The research team said they would love to have a sample of the new baby's blood (from his cord blood so that he doesn't have to be poked!). They said it was be VERY helpful to have his sample to do comparisons with Aidan and Ty's samples. So, we are working on getting that all lined up shortly after the baby's birth. And speaking of cords - has anyone requested a delayed cord cutting or waited to cut the cord until after it stopped pulsating? Curious!
We have one more appointment right before Christmas, and then starting in January we see the doctor every week. The final stretch!
We are bracing ourselves for the transition from a family of 4 to a family of 5. We will surely be experiencing new parenting experiences. Not only are we scrambling to get the house ready for a 3rd baby, but our minds are still trying to grasp the concept of a 'typical' baby. In some ways we feel like old pros at this parenting thing - yet in a way we feel like we are becoming new parents all over again! More on this transition later.... =)


6 comments:
Glad to hear that your baby boy is continuing to do well. Hugs!
What a great update! So sorry you had to be hospitalized, but so glad to hear how well baby #3 is doing! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas:).
What a terrible way to spend Thanksgiving - yet you still have so much to be Thankful for. Your pregnancy has gone so fast. I couldn't beleive it when you said 8 weeks left. I'm so excited for your whole family, may God bless you all.
It must be super exciting to bring another little boy smile in your home. I know all of blogland is excited for you, and I can imagine how exciting it is for your family and friends too!
What a happy post. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Great news about the littlest one, too.
God bless you all!
We waited on clamping and cutting the cord with Chloe. It took about 10 minutes to stop pulsating. I have never seen a more pink baby and not even one little hint of jaundice! I definitely recommend it!
Post a Comment