Tuesday, December 21, 2010

33 Weeks 2 Days

Here we are in week 33!  The baby looked great during the ultrasound.  He was moving quite a bit, so we had a hard time getting still pictures.  Luckily our technician took the time to get what pictures she could!  She did a good job with as much as he was moving - you could see from the outside of my belly just how much he was tumbling around!  

Baby weighed in at 4 pounds 7 ounces.  Almost 5 pounds!  Aidan was 6 lbs 3 oz when he was born, and Ty was 6 lbs 13 oz.  This little guy is getting close!  During the scan we could see features of both Aidan and Ty in the baby.  It's so neat to see the combination of his two brothers in him!

His measurements were good - still measuring within a couple days of my due date - and the head was measuring almost a week ahead!  He was opening and closing his mouth - he even gave us a few smiles!!!

His tiny feet (which don't feel so tiny to me) were lodged way up into my ribs.  I have to say I didn't need the ultrasound to tell me that one ha!

Giving us a little smile - umbilical cord in front of his face. 

Side profile - his hand up by his mouth.

Hand up by his face, just like how Ty sleeps!  Also trying to block the camera!

Giving us another cheeky smile!

Puckering up with lips like Aidan's!

Showing us his little butt chin - got that from Daddy!

I've been feeling very sick, flu like symptoms, ever since my hospital stay over Thanksgiving weekend.  It really flared up again over this weekend so I was anxious to go to this appointment.  I really want to figure out what is going on!  This morning I will head back to the hospital for more lab tests to see what could be causing me to be so sick.  It is so hard for me to take care of the boys some days because of how I feel - I can't keep anything down somedays and I have horrible pains which make picking them up almost unbearable for me.  The baby also gets really agiated when I start feeling super bad.  Overall it is just not fun!  Hoping we can track down the cause of this all!  Has anyone experienced feeling so sick their entire 3rd trimester?!  I don't have a fever or body aches, just can't keep anything down or in?!  I stopped taking my Vitamin D3 supplement pill, because that is something I started right about the time I also started feeling sick.  All the tests for bacteria and parasites have come back normal so far.  I've heard it could be just pressure from the baby growing and running out of room?

I almost had to stay at the hospital yesterday to get more IV fluids, but managed to go home - I've been drinking a ton of water.  I made it through the night without waking up sick so that is a good sign!

On a happy note, I passed my gestational diabetes test!  I didn't have it with Aidan, but did have it with Ty.  It's no fun!  So thankful that I didn't have that with this pregnancy!!

We also talked with our doctor about delaying the cutting of the umbilical cord until it stops pulsating.  Our doctor was right on board with this - so it is officially added to our 'unofficial' birth plan (I don't have a rigid birth plan, just a list of preferences - I am open and realize Anything can happen during a birth!!).  Thank you to all the moms who messaged me or sent me comments about their experience with delayed cord cutting!  It has been so helpful!!

Another thing I have specified is that the baby will stay with us at all times after he is born- he won't leave the room (except for circumscison).  The hospital of course is totally okay with this!  After the traumatic experience of having Aidan leave to go get his bath, etc, and then not have him come back... only to be taken to the NICU and put on crazy high amounts of seizure medicine - it was so hard to see him aware and pink one moment, and the next moment we saw him hooked up to machines and completely comatose :(  When we had Ty, even though we knew he had the same condition, we still asked that he not leave the room unless we specified so.  Our after-birthing experience with Ty was amazing, because he was always with us, even though he was having seizures the second he was born, just like Aidan did.  I think it made a world of a difference that Ty was able to stay close to me the whole time we were in the hospital (he got to go home the very next day!).  Therefore, we really want this baby to stay with us the whole time, too!

Our next appointment isn't the new year - the very beginning of January.  We will then see the doctor weekly!  Our doctor is on vacation or will be working in another clinic until January 14th, so the doc gave the baby strict orders that he should stay put until then!

I want to end by saying THANK YOU for all the amazing comments, especially on my last post - and for all the emails or private messages.  They mean so much to me.  Thank you for sharing your stories with me or for sharing how our story has inspired you!  It really does mean the world to me!

7 comments:

MJ said...

I am so happy for you as you await your newest son. I hope that you start feeling better. What a challenge it must be to carry a pregnancy and take care of two children with special needs while you feel so sick.
The only thing ever to help me with nausea is to eat plain white rice and drink slightly sweetened mint tea.
I do understand your mix of feelings about the experience of adding another child. I admire your optimism and honesty so much!

Colleen said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. love the pics of your little man!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

How exciting, you are so close!! I love seeing your ultrasound pictures. You must be thrilled every time you see that perfectly round, big head! It's awesome that you can see features of Ty and Aidan in this new little brother. They are going to be such great big brothers!

Linda Stewart said...

My daughter was S.I.CK. her entire pregnancy with her first baby. She had a non-functioning gall bladder and the day she was scheduled to have it removed, just minutes before being wheeled into surgery, the surgeon came in and told her he couldn't do surgery because she was pregnant. Needless to say she was miserable. Constantly throwing up and in terrible pain. As the baby grew and caused pressure in the gall bladder area it only got worse. The instant her little boy was born the nausea, vomiting, pain, etc... was better three times fold. Six weeks later she had her gall bladder removed and hasn't had a problem since. The key was that she didn't have gall stones ... her gall bladder just wasn't working.

Catherine said...

What wonderful news that everything is looking good:) Hope your stomach settles!!! Merry Christmas!!!

dmhenry86 said...

I agree with LStewart. Check that GALLBLADDER!!!!

Unknown said...

I don't think I have ever commented. I am so happy for your family.

As for being sick, there has been some kind of virus going around that is sticking with people for long periods of time. I have had it now since Nov 26th a full month. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. Some days are ok but then others aren't.

I hope it subsides soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...