Hello January and hello New Year! We are so thankful to be ringing in 2011 as a happy, healthy family. Big changes coming this month and this year for us!!
We had a great OB appointment yesterday - and the baby looked awesome during his ultrasound. Everything is measuring good - the head is measuring almost a week ahead! The other body part measurements are a few days behind my due date. I suppose it is about this time that the baby's growth kind of starts tapering off (weight wise). I'm a fairly petite gal, and with all three of the boys once I hit the last few weeks the babies really start running out of room :) But that doesn't mean baby isn't happy & healthy! He is just getting close to making his big debut!
He is currently weighing in at 5 pounds 3 ounces. Heart rate was 129 bpm. We even got to see that he has some hair on his head! The technician showed us some little tufts on the back of his neck. Technology is amazing!
He was moving good, and doing his practice breathing - breathing in the amniotic fluid...swallowing & filling up his tummy. So his tummy is full, his bladder and kidneys are processing the amniotic fluid. We were able to watch his little lungs fill up every time he 'breathed in'.
Jason and I saw a lot of Ty in the baby. He was making the same grumpy faces that Ty makes, and he holds his arm up by his head just like Ty does. He surely had his Daddy's nose and Aidan's full lips! It's amazing how much he has filled out and defined, even in just a few short weeks. It makes us even more excited to meet him 'in person'!
I had Aidan at 38 weeks and I had Ty at 37 weeks 5 days. The doctor said it could be any time now - so maybe in a few weeks we will be seeing our little boy! While we are super excited to meet him & complete our family, I have to admit we aren't quite ready. We have a lot to do around the house to get ready before he comes! The holidays put us a little behind, as they do with everyone - so it would be nice if baby stayed inside for a few weeks so we can get caught up!
This weekend Jason and I tackled the boys' room and ALL the closets in the house. We got rid of TONS of stuff and finally made room for newborn clothes and diapers. My mild OCD requires that everything be 'just so' in their room - I love organization! We are CLOSE but not quite there. We only have a 2 bedroom place, so squeezing 3 boys into one room is quite the task - but it is possible!! We are working on getting a bigger place, but knowing that the new place will have to be handicap accessible for not just one, but two little boys, means we can't just move into any 'ol place. So we are exploring our options. We aren't in a hurry right now, but we know once the littlest guy gets to moving around we will need to branch out!
35 weeks 2 days
Sleeping with his hand by his face.
Smooch!
Plumping up at 5 lbs 3 oz!
I've noticed there are so many things I don't remember that happen during OB appointments. Things I never noticed because with Aidan and Ty the focus was probably on other things. With Aidan being my first, everything was new. With Ty, we knew he had microcephaly and lissencephaly, so our main focus was on making sure he was okay inside the womb & coming up with the best birth plan for him. We've had such different pre-natal experiences with all three boys. I was able to enjoy one pregnancy blissfully unaware (Aidan), one pregnancy fully aware that our baby had a brain condition (Ty), and another pregnancy spent half wondering, and the other half relieved after knowing he was not affected with the same condition (Baby #3!).
I have to admit, part of me is cautious still - anxious to open up the package of newborn diapers, anxious to unpack his clothes. With Ty, we wondered during the whole pregnancy whether we would even be bringing a baby home because we had no clue how severe his condition would be (each child is different). We were timid when it came to getting ready for his arrival. Part of us didn't want to get too much ready because we were afraid we'd come home without a baby :( Thankfully, that was not the case. Ty came home the day after his birth and has been rocking our worlds ever since! Yet sometimes, I find myself hesitant again when it comes to getting certain things ready for baby's arrival. And I don't want to think that way because that is not positive thinking! However, it is automatic thinking. It is all we really know. A typical baby is not our normal. We find that sometimes we have to remind ourselves that it is okay to put his car seat into the van. That is it okay to feel safe in knowing we will bring a healthy baby boy home.
For the most part though, we are allowing ourselves to feel safe and comfortable in this new experience - in knowing that the baby is neuro-typical. We already have tons of things with the baby's name on it - all over the house. Stashed away of course because his name is still top secret! But once he's here - all that stuff will be coming out!!! I can't wait!
Anywhooo - Happy New Year to you all! I'm excited to see what this year brings our family. We know for sure 2011 will bring us a new addition - but what else?! The possibilities are endless!
And once again, I have to say thanks to everyone who comments or sends me messages - even if our stories aren't the same, or even remotely similar... It still makes me happy to know that we can relate in any way. I think everyone instinctively finds ways to relate to one another, or at least they should. It brings people together. And I love hearing how you specifically relate to me. And even if you don't relate, you at least have some level of understanding. All of that makes the world go 'round! So feel free to continue contacting me - I do always try to respond as quick as I can, or as quick as the boys will allow.
Stay tuned for some pictures of my 'lil Christmas elves ;)




6 comments:
I wish I had an inside source for Extreme Makeover Home Edition. You guys are so deserving of having a home designed for you that would accommodate all three of your little boys. I live in a large three bedroom home, with three little boys under the age of 4, and none of them have handicaps. I don't have enough room! I don't see how you are doing it with only two bedrooms. Maybe we can figure out a way to bring Ty Pennington in your direction!
Best of luck as you prepare for the birth of your new little one. :-)
Ohhhh I love that first ultrasound picture! So exciting! I will anxiously be awaiting the post of his arrival.
Wow, you are getting close! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I love reading about all your boys.
Lisa
P.S. I am mom to an Aidan myself. : )
Can't wait for the big reveal!! Best of luck in the next few weeks...I'll be thinking about you and all your boys. You're really gonna be outnumbered now!!!!
Congrats on being so close to baby #3! I am due to have my 3rd baby June 5th. 2011 is going to be a great year for both of us! :-) God bless.
You have such an amazing attitude. You are an inspiration! I agree with the first comment, you deserve Extreme Makeover Home Edition.
Post a Comment